- All members must have a valid non private ASN (Autonomous System Number) and use BGP4 for peerings.
- IPv4 address space assigned to FIXO shall not be advertised to other networks.
- Spanning-tree, cdp, RA, IPX and other features must be turned off on interfaces connected to FIXO.
- FIXO cannot be held responsible for any direct or indirect loss due to outage.
- Members are not allowed to act as a transit ASN for traffic exchanged on FIXO.
- Only free peering traffic is allowed to be exchanged on FIXO, members shall NOT sell transit over the FIXO infrastructure.
- Interfaces connected to FIXO must only use the addresses assigned to it by FIXO
- Basic services does not include any form of colocation, but FIXO can provide pricing for it.
- Every member must arrange peering agreements between their ASN and other members. FIXO does not arrange peering agreements.
- Members shall not use the FIXO infrastructure for any other purpose than peering with members on FIXO.
- Because FIXO is free, we do not maintain a 24x7 NOC but are covered by the 24x7 duty personel at Blix Solutions AS.
- And due to this, FIXO is obligated to charge for any work done outside of the usual work hours (9am - 4pm GMT+1)
FIXO consideres traffic data private, access to graphs is limited to the ports the member are using.
FIXO can and will discontinue or suspend the connection for any member that violates any of these terms or any member that causes operational issues for FIXO.
Specific Technical Information
- Frames forwarded to FIXO must have one of the following ethertypes: 0x0800 (IPv4), 0x86dd (IPv6), 0x0806 (ARP)
- Usage of proxy ARP is not allowed.
- Frames forwarded to FIXO shall be addressed to a unicast MAC destination address except for broadcast ARP and ICMPv6 ND
- The ethernet interface connected to FIXO must be explicitly configured with speed, duplex and other settings. (not autonegotiation)
- No link-local traffic is allowed on FIXO
- IP packets addressed to the FIXO IPv4 peering prefix shall not automatically be forwarded on to FIXO.
- All frames forwarded to FIXO shall have the same source MAC Address